Who I am. . .

My photo
Santa Rosa/Chacala, California/Nayarit/Mexico, United States
I live and teach the Toltec Path of Personal Transformation through the articles, audios, and online apprentice program on my website at www.joydancer.com, phone consultations, workshops, Journeys of the Spirit to Teotihuacán in Mexico, and teleclasses. I am the author of The Everything Toltec Wisdom Book, and co-author of two books with Deepak Chopra, Dr. Andrew Weil, Dean Ornish, Bernie Siegel, Prince Charles, and others. I own a home in the sweet little beach village of Chacala, Nayarit, Mexico, and spend the winters there. I invite students to do intensive study with me there, and host a Valentine's Week workshop on Love, Romance, and Relationship each year.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Note About Surrender

-
An apprentice wrote to me recently with the following:

         "I lie in bed all the time, frustrated and angry because I am not changing. I know you say to "Surrender," but I have yet to figure out what this means."


My answer:

When I say, "surrender," I mean let go of trying to be any different than you are. The biggest obstacle to your changing is your desire (and Judge's insistence) to change. Nobody ever improved or was more loving to themselves because of being judged. And nobody ever will.

Your only hope is to accept yourself just as you are: laying in bed, discouraged, beaten, defeated, hopeless, not participating in life, venting, wishing for the bottom, and listening to your Judge telling you that you should have changed by now and get up and get going!

To surrender is to say, "Yup, I am living god's truth of this unique manifestation of God's love. I accept it as it is, I accept me as I am. I will no longer fight it, make it wrong, or complain to God that it isn't fair. I will stop being angry about it (unless that's how God needs me to be), I will be grateful for each moment of how God expresses itself through this bit of creation. And I'll lay right here in bed doing it, until God is done with that part of this story and gets me up."

To surrender is to acknowledge you -- human mind and body-- aren't actually in charge, or you would have a very different life than the one God is manifesting you as.

The battle is over, the fight is done. Wave the White Flag of Peace, and humbly and gratefully stay in bed until God's alarm rings.

At least you'll be happier while you're laying there.

Much Love.

     Allan 

________________________________________

 It is my passion in life to help people accept themselves just the way they are, and just the way they are not, so that they can live a happier life no matter what their circumstances. I want to help you fall in love with yourself, your life, and with this present moment. Get in touch - allanh@sonic.net  or (707) 528-1271. http://joydancer.com

No comments: