Who I am. . .

My photo
Santa Rosa/Chacala, California/Nayarit/Mexico, United States
I live and teach the Toltec Path of Personal Transformation through the articles, audios, and online apprentice program on my website at www.joydancer.com, phone consultations, workshops, Journeys of the Spirit to Teotihuacán in Mexico, and teleclasses. I am the author of The Everything Toltec Wisdom Book, and co-author of two books with Deepak Chopra, Dr. Andrew Weil, Dean Ornish, Bernie Siegel, Prince Charles, and others. I own a home in the sweet little beach village of Chacala, Nayarit, Mexico, and spend the winters there. I invite students to do intensive study with me there, and host a Valentine's Week workshop on Love, Romance, and Relationship each year.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Blessings on Mother's Day

-
I heard someone complain at the Mother's Day card rack the other day, about how "these holidays are just trumped up by the card companies to make me spend my money on cards!" Well, could be true, I suppose, but there we were, choosing cards for our mothers.

I wanted to send a special card to my mother. I shared in a newsletter last month that my mother (95) was ailing and hospitalized-- I'm happy to say she is back in her home, well cared for, and actually beginning to like it. It is very important for me that she knows I love her and am grateful for my life. Sure, I can complain about the deficiencies and cluelessness of my childhood-- yup, been there, done that, lots of good therapy.

What my mother needs to know is she did a great job. I tell her wonderful stories about my client successes, my gardens, and friends... and tell her none of it would have been possible without her. True? Yes, in it's own way. She fed me for years... now I am feeding her. She is going to leave this life, possibly soon, believing she was a successful mother. It doesn't cost me anything.

I sent Mom pictures in her card-- of me teaching at a workshop, sitting in my garden, hugging apprentices, and posing in various places. She'll be able to take responsibility for whatever she values in those photos.

So, I'm grateful to whoever thought of Mother's Day and made cards... and helped me feel guilty all those years my rebel self didn't send them! Now, there is no resistance to sharing my love in whatever form I can.

So on this special day of the mother, let us gather together in honor of The Mother. Let us honor our own mothers, present or passed, with gratitude for the lives they gave us. Let us honor the mother in those among us who have been mothers, those who are yet to be mothers, and those who choose not to be mothers.

On this day let us honor the mother within each of us-- the spiritual feminine within that loves, accepts, and nurtures all parts of us exactly as we are.

Let us also use this time to remember our love and gratitude for our Mother Earth, from whom we are created and who loves and supports us with every breath, every bite, and every gasp of delight at the sight of a perfect spring rose.

At this time of the mother, let us be grateful for Life.

And so it is

      Allan


I'm so grateful to be able to share with you here. My life and work at Joydancer and TACO (my online spiritual and networking community) are all dedicated to helping us learn and remember the truth of our oneness as the Divine essence that creates and animates this universe... and each part of it in each moment. Including me and you!

I am available by phone, Skype, and e-mail if you would like support for your life journey. I look forward to hearing from you.

Details about consultations and apprenticeship are here.


Allan Hardman
Santa Rosa, CA Office: 707-528-1271

No comments: